Who’s side are you on?

Discussion in 'Sidewinders Bar & Grille' started by Stratafied, Sep 21, 2021.

1. Mansonienne

Mansonienne Mod admin Staff Member Silver Member

Admin Post
    He was actually incapable of rectifying it - or unwilling to undo enough so that it could be fixed.
    Everything in our bathroom was off kilter/crooked. (They had ripped it all out and started from scratch) I literally cried when I came home from giving birth to my son and saw the result.

2. JB74

JB74 Senior Stratmaster

Yeah, that has to be an angry and disparaging moment.

Homicide would be high on the list of options that day I am sure. I know I would have considered it.

Mansonienne likes this.
  3. dogletnoir

dogletnoir V----V

soulman969 likes this.
  4. Chont

Chont Most Honored Senior Member

Ugh... there's more grout than tile LOL.

I won't have anyone other than my brother install tile. He does top notch work. He's been doing it for 35 years and hasn't been out of work a day since and does not advertise at all. People see his works and demand his number. We've told him he probably doesn't charge enough if he's got that much work LOL but it works for him and he's doing well.

henderman and Mansonienne like this.
  5. PonyB

PonyB Strat-O-Master

That contractor's little tantrum will cost him a lot of business whether he was in the right or not.
    The homeowner says she didn't have an opportunity to test the plumbing before paying in full. If that is true, I'm siding with the homeowner.

6. Baelzebub

Baelzebub Dr. Stratster

I thought it was predictable that the contractor would refuse to provide it, but it was telling that the customer couldn't provide one either.

If it i had just been a non-payment thing it was a non-story. But the contractor clearly went over the line. I'm not sure anywhere allows you to destroy someone else's property. That's why there are mechanic's lien laws. You don't get paid you protect your "investment" in someone's property by putting a lien on it.

But like you say...CS is a very "special" place. Has a real Stepford Village feel to it.

Stratafied likes this.
  7. PonyB

PonyB Strat-O-Master

The materials were still the contractor's property weren't they?

8. dirocyn

dirocyn Most Honored Senior Member

Entertaining a home with intent to commit a crime (in this case vandalism) is ag burglary. This contractor is guilty of vandalism and ag burglary. 8-30 years in the pen ought to cool him off.

Even if the owner is in the wrong, this is still a crime.

soulman969, Baelzebub and JB74 like this.
  9. Stratafied

Stratafied Most Honored Senior Member

Solid advice.

10. Stratafied

Stratafied Most Honored Senior Member

For sure, I recently hired a butcher myself.

Mansonienne likes this.
  11. Personal Gsus

Personal Gsus Strat-Talk Member

I'll wager that her attorney put the kibosh on sharing the contract with the media.

Stratafied and rolandson like this.
  12. Baelzebub

Baelzebub Dr. Stratster

Certainly could be the case, but, I'd think if she had one he'd have advised her to have the reporters speak to him. And if he reporter was competent, he would have, at the very least, reached out an reported a response or lack thereof.

It was like most of what passes for local "news", (although now, it's certainly not limited to local), which is essentially the equivalent of junk food for the brain. No nutritional or caloric value, just an appeal to some baser instinct or emotion with nothing substantive to actually perform what, once upon a time, was the actual purpose of media...to educate and inform.

After watching that you're no smarter, or more informed about how to deal with a situation like it than you were before. Well, I guess you could say that you learned how useless that "investigative" reporting schlock is..that's something. :)

Stratafied and soulman969 like this.
  13. RL21980

RL21980 Senior Stratmaster

There are ways of going about these things. Frankly, they both look like idiots. Permits? CONTRACT? Beating the hell out of the job because you're in a payment dispute with the client? Thats beyond the pale. If this guy ONLY looses his license that'll be a win in his book. I'm a contractor and have been in disputes with clients. (it happens sometimes) And sometimes you end up working for real a**holes that'd you love to tell off or just plain deck instead of finish working for. But this is ridiculous. This guy just threw his livelihood away. Grow up jackass.

14. soulman969

soulman969 Senior Stratmaster

Very interesting stuff. Much of what Tesla discovered is the basis for wireless transmissions even now. That much of his research and discoveries disappeared is less of a mystery than it's made out to be once it's married to a profit motive.

If the ranch they conducted the experiments at was some 40 miles west of Co. Sprgs it was out in the middle of nowhere about half way to Buena Vista between Pikes Peak and the Collegiate Range. Beautiful country and very private.

dogletnoir likes this.
  15. soulman969

Yup. More like an out take from a Jerry Springer show.

Baelzebub and Stratafied like this.
  16. nadzab

nadzab Play Don't Worry Silver Member

Maybe, maybe not. Might depend on CO real property laws. But I am neither a lawyer, nor do I live in CO, so what do I know.

17. nadzab

nadzab Play Don't Worry Silver Member

This is very sound advice.

Mansonienne and Stratafied like this.
  18. soulman969

Not once they become appurtenant to the property. Once installed they are a part of the real property just as are the walls he also damaged while destroying the tile.

He has a right to file a law suit in small claims court asking for a court order that he be paid and he can file a lien against the property until he is paid but he has no right to simply show up and begin destroying someone's home over settling a bill.

AncientAx and PonyB like this.
  19. soulman969

They are no longer the contractors property once they were installed. At that point they become part of the real property itself.

CO law doesn't permit anyone to destroy a home to take back something they think is theirs. Just like everyone else we have courts of law for that.

Once he gets a court order for payment and judgement to collect on he can file a lien against the home and make impossible to it to ever be sold until the lien is lifted.

Stratafied likes this.
  20. PonyB

PonyB Strat-O-Master

I learned a new word, thanks!

soulman969 likes this.