Who is playing Wordle? And have you seen Quordle???

Boubou

Senior Stratmaster
Gold Supporting Member
Jan 6, 2009
Montreal
I do play wordle as well as word master which is the same but not limited to 1 word a day.
As for quordle, looks like I am not going to play it.

1645444285193.png

stratocarlster

Most Honored Senior Member
Jan 6, 2012
Telephone Road
Yes I discovered Wordle a couple of weeks ago. Great fun. Being a competitive beast I always wonder how I'm doing against the average but I can understand why they don't want to do that.

Guitarchaeologist

Master Spuddler
Silver Member
Yes I discovered Wordle a couple of weeks ago. Great fun. Being a competitive beast I always wonder how I'm doing against the average but I can understand why they don't want to do that.
If your settings allow, you can "share" the results to some social media accounts. I don't do that, so I am not sure which accounts you can share to, but I have friends that share to Facebook, so I know that's apossible. Probably WhatsApp also. Since everyone gets the same daily puzzle, it only shows the colored boxes and the number of attempts to solve.

stratocarlster

Most Honored Senior Member
Jan 6, 2012
Telephone Road
If your settings allow, you can "share" the results to some social media accounts. I don't do that, so I am not sure which accounts you can share to, but I have friends that share to Facebook, so I know that's apossible. Probably WhatsApp also. Since everyone gets the same daily puzzle, it only shows the colored boxes and the number of attempts to solve.
Haha no way I'm sharing...thats a bit close to boasting. But would like to know for my own interest.

PeteGeordie

Strat-Talker
Feb 12, 2021
UK
Yeah. I'm in. Better before the NYT started editing the dictionary telling me LYNCH was not a word.

Quordle is good too.

I love puzzles. My day starts with The Times (UK) puzzles while I have my cuppa tea in bed.

I wish I could play guitar as well as I can solve puzzles.

Seamus OReally

Outta here
Gold Supporting Member
Feb 11, 2019
Way out west
I’ve been a subscriber to the NYT Crossword puzzle for many years, and I remember when they had leaderboards, posting best solving times. But a bunch of people figured out how to cheat the game, and were posting times as low as 10 seconds. It took the fun out of it, and they killed the leaderboard quite awhile back. I’d guess the same guy is still running the NYT Games department, and probably feels he learned his lesson.

Triple Jim

Guy Who Likes to Play Guitar
Feb 27, 2018
North Carolina
I started playing Wordle a couple weeks ago. Then I found the archive site and did 228 more of them over the next couple weeks to catch up. Now I do the one daily Wordle, and I'm staying away from the other games because I don't want to get caught up in them too!

Pandamasque

Senior Stratmaster
Sep 22, 2020
Kyiv, Ukraine
Quordle seems like a multitasking nightmare!

I do play Wordle and the Ukrainian-language clone of it called Kobza, named so after a stringed musical instrument for some reason.
I've been playing for a couple of weeks and only failed once in Wordle.

The winning tactic seems to be all about efficiently eliminating most commonly used letters with a few words like LEMON, BATHS, PRIDE... and then actually guessing based on the clues.

Last edited:

WhiteWabbit

Senior Stratmaster
Nov 6, 2014
Canada
I’ve played it 13 times, never been stumped, I’ve got it in 3 tries 6 times including today, never got it in 1 or 2.