Who is your all time fav strat player

Electgumbo

Not Of This Earth
Dec 26, 2010
Scott, La.
I have his last major release, the 6 hour performance Live at the Agoura.

@Baelzebub
I have 2 copies of it… Its well done but his lack of sleep is evident. We have all grown old but it lacks the energy of his youth. I am amazed but how clean his sound is compared to the old days… and his band is good but the original Mahogany Rush was just tighter…. especially the drummer. Still his Hendrix set is played with such reverence it’s almost religious….

Baelzebub

Dr. Stratster
Nov 1, 2019
State of Disbelief
@Baelzebub
I have 2 copies of it… Its well done but his lack of sleep is evident. We have all grown old but it lacks the energy of his youth. I am amazed but how clean his sound is compared to the old days… and his band is good but the original Mahogany Rush was just tighter…. especially the drummer. Still his Hendrix set is played with such reverence it’s almost religious….

Was just thinking the same thing as I watched/listened to Experienced and Bold as Love. Even in his own stuff, both his vocals and lead phrasings are almost eerily Jimi-like.

Any idea what happened to Vince? He seems to have disappeared around 2000....

bblooz

Senior Stratmaster
Nov 24, 2014
Michigan
I'm sorry, can't pick just one, but here's my list (in no particular order, BTW):
SRV
Clapton
Jiimi Hendrix
Gilmour
Mick Ralphs (Bad Co)
Hank Marvin
Peter Townshend
Rory Gallagher
Jeff Beck
The Edge
Mark Knophler
Robin Trower

ToneRanger

Most Honored Senior Member
Jun 8, 2009
Area 51
Any EJ references yet?

If there aren't any I'll be the first - I like to say that EJ saved my strat - I was way into shredders and had plans to drop humbuckers and possibly a Floyd into my American Standard strat back in late '90/early '91 - then I heard Ah Via Musicom and everything EJ was pulling off with all vintage gear and it got me back on the path. He is a combo of many of my other favorite strat players - Clapton, Hendrix, Beck - plus country and jazz - even classical influences. He married vintage tones and feel with modern speed and compositional complexity - a sound I had been hearing in my head but hadn't heard in reality.

After EJ, it's the usual suspects - the aforementioned Clapton/Hendrix/Beck, Gilmour, SRV, Blackmore, Malmsteen, Lifeson (who played strats off and on,) etc...

Engine Swap

Senior Stratmaster
Dec 23, 2019
Chicago
25899.jpg