Why do doctors tend to look like they are15yrs old?

Discussion in 'Sidewinders Bar & Grille' started by LPBlue, Feb 13, 2021.

1. Tone Deaf

Tone Deaf Most Honored Senior Member

Doogie Howser MD :D

2. StummerJoe

StummerJoe Senior Stratmaster

I like this answer!:thumb::thumb::thumb::thumb::thumb:

AncientAx likes this.
  3. LPBlue

LPBlue "That Guy", again...dammit!

I never had to pretend to be a doctor for that.

4. AncientAx

AncientAx Still hacking ....

StummerJoe likes this.
  5. CalicoSkies

CalicoSkies Most Honored Senior Member Gold Supporting Member

I'm 40 years old, and I feel like pretty soon I'm going to start feeling weird that most of the people I'll be dealing with will be younger than me.

I already sometimes feel a bit out of touch with younger people who seem to do things differently. For instance, I got into a computer-related field because when I was growing up, computers at home were still fairly new, and I thought they were the future; however, these days, it seems people rarely have a desktop PC anymore, and some people don't even seem to have a laptop. It seems there are many people who tend to just use a tablet or a smart phone. Sometimes I wonder how they keep track of their finances? Doing it by hand with a checkbook seems a bit old-fashioned, and I've been using financial software on my PC for years. I've seen financial tracking software for mobile devices, so I know that exists, but there are still things I do that I much prefer a desktop PC or a laptop for (I prefer a real keyboard since I touch-type, as well as a decent sized screen).

6. nosmo

nosmo Strat-Talker

I'm 65.7 and my doctor is my age or more. I'm the second oldest employee at the factory where I work. All the other people there are pretty much under 40, and most under 30. No one can remember things that didn't go "beep". I don't think any of them has ever used a TYPEWRITER. No one can remember when there were no cell phones, computers, BIG screen TV's, I only have spoken to one person who has ever driven a stick shift car.

On the other hand they can all play a smartphone like it's a cello, most of them can speak computer better than I can speak English, and none of them have yet discovered the joys of arthritis, very few even carry credit cards, they all have those little "wave it and pay it" keychain card things,(which I don't understand), they don't carry wallets as they have nothing to put into them, nor do they use checkbooks, or that old-fashioned stuff called "money". Most of them are also functionally illiterate, lacking the reading and writing skills of people my age when we were in first grade.

On the OTHER "other hand", I can't ride a horse, drive a buggy, churn butter, plow a field, milk a cow, trap beavers, bale hay, or many of the standard "life skills" my parents took for granted.