Why Do Some Crappy Threads Keep On and On?

Discussion in 'Sidewinders Bar & Grille' started by Slacker G, Jul 5, 2021.

1. Biddlin

Biddlin Senior Stratmaster

Funny how little I care.

2. Baelzebub

Baelzebub Dr. Stratster

I've often wondered the same about Andrew Lloyd Webber's crap.

Roger Waters probably comes close to nailing it..

3. Slacker G

Slacker G Strat-O-Master

Well I certainly hope not! That would be a bad thing.

After all Strat talk isn't like some of those on line guitar forums where a bunch of touchy freely established members get their panties in a wad and gang up on another member just because the other member disagreed with one of their clicks opinions. That would display a lot of self importance and conceit and there isn't any of that here. Some of you most likely would disagree but I have watched to some of those other sites so I know how it is.

Here members show their tolerance for things they disagree with just because they're wise enough to understand that sort of thing displays the smallness of ones character more than the one they gang up on.

Personally those have types have never bothered me as I'm 80 years old and throughout life I have discovered that many people in all walks of life were created simply to be ignored.

Wouldn't you agree?

Exhead and heltershelton like this.
  4. Baelzebub

Baelzebub Dr. Stratster

At least it was an original idea. More than I've seen out of Hollywood in the last 40 years.

5. heltershelton

heltershelton Vivamus libero Vivamus duris Silver Member

i dont know...lately on this forum ive seen new people ganged up on.

Intune, Exhead and elduderinoTF like this.
  6. circles

circles Resident Pinball Enthusiast

I thought it was too derivative of My Dinner With Andre.

7. pblanton

pblanton Strat-Talker

This touched a nerve. I apologize in advance for the rant.

The reason you see the same questions coming up over and over again is because it's the same things that new players run into and wonder about, so they hop onto the forum and ask a question. Other times people join discussion forums because they like to DISCUSS.

Who cares what somebody thought about something eight years ago? Just because a topic has been discussed before and that discussion is archived somewhere, people STILL want to talk about it today. It's a lot more fun to engage in a lively discussion and have a give-and-take than it is to read an archived thread.

Not everybody knows everything like you do, and they want to have a DISCUSSION. It ALWAYS angers me when some noob asks a question that has been hashed over before and a mod immediately closes it and says, "This has been asked and answered over there ->". WHO CARES? I DON'T WANT TO READ WHAT OTHERS THOUGHT ABOUT IT IN THE LAST DECADE! I WANT TO ENGAGE IN A DISCUSSION ABOUT IT NOW!!!

The purpose of discussion forums isn't to build an archived database of knowledge, although that's what sometimes happens. The purpose of a discussion forum is right there in it's name - to have a DISCUSSION!!!

Booting a noob to an archived thread is unfriendly and discourages people from becoming a part of the community. Ham radio discussion forums are the worst about it with guitar forums being a close second. Ham guys are always quick to discourage new people from discussions, always pointing them to archived threads while at the same time moaning that there are not many young people interested in Amateur radio. As soon as they show up, too many communities end up treating them like shıt.

STOP DOING THAT! When someone new asks a question that has been hashed over a million times, and that offends you, then don't engage! The best thing any community can do is to show a little compassion and do the best we can to answer questions and encourage new members to engage and participate. If you ONLY want to discuss music and gear with people who already know everything, then go register "HatefulOldGuitarFarts.com", install a forum software package like PHPBB and make new member registration "private". It'll cost you about $10 for the domain name and $5 per month to have a forum all to yourself where nobody asks questions that anger you.

By the way, I feel I'm being quite diplomatic about this. ;)

Last edited: Jul 9, 2021
    gazzie and Exhead like this.
  8. PonyB

PonyB Strat-O-Master

I no how too get you two care. ;)

9. Antstrat

Antstrat Most Honored Senior Member

Your words are so eloquently thought out and are able to convey a very thought provoking intelligent dialog.

You should be banned!

:D

Exhead likes this.
  10. Dibbs

Dibbs Senior Stratmaster

Yeah, I love all these "I should have asked, BEFORE I BOUGHT IT" threads ...

No, no, buy that shaky gear, FIRST, THEN ask if it's any good...

11. Number1207

Number1207 Strat-Talk Member

Why all the angst? The forum is often helpful for those of us less experienced in guitar/amp/pedal etc information. It is amusing a lot of the time and sometimes bloody funny. Sometimes it's boring, or too technical (for me) but so what? If it is a bit repetitive on occasion, so what? Name any other thing in life which isn't

Mr_10awg and Exhead like this.
  12. pblanton

pblanton Strat-Talker

There is no "Captain Crunch". Maybe you are referring to "Cap'n Crunch"??

circles likes this.
  13. circles

circles Resident Pinball Enthusiast

J4r24a7.png

14. pblanton

pblanton Strat-Talker

Unfortunately I cannot like your post more than once, so I replied to tell you how grateful I am for forum members like you!

gazzie, Mr_10awg, Number1207 and 2 others like this.
  15. pblanton

pblanton Strat-Talker

"Lace Sensors" are sophisticated electronic devices found in some guitars, that detect whether or not you are wearing lace underwear, and as a result, crank the mojo to twelve. They are the reason that some players like Orianthi Panagaris*, Lita Ford, Ana Popovic and Nita Strauss get that specific sound, called "Unobtoneum".

Pronounced, Un Ob Tone E Yum

You have to both HAVE Lace sensors, and WEAR lace underwear. Real shredders wear it , OUTSIDE their pants where it's easier for the Lace Sensors to "sense" it.

[​IMG]

*You're thinking about Orianthi Panagaris in lace underwear now, aren't you?

Last edited: Jul 9, 2021
  16. tedro

tedro Strat-Talk Member

when’s the parade? should i bring my strat?

CigBurn likes this.
  17. tedro

tedro Strat-Talk Member

so THAT’S how it’s pronounced!
    great thread.

pblanton likes this.
  18. Nikolatesla

Nikolatesla Strat-Talk Member

It has been proved pointless to start a thread about threads Im sorry if its been covered here but let me know and i will start anew thread about threads about threads .

Facecook does this well in fact its how it works.

I come here for the experience and knowledge base but i am occasionally amused by pointless trivia.
    Like my 50 dollar neck ona 50 dollar body with 20 dollar pickups sound as good if not better than my 2k genuine fender.

It probably because I'm not afraid to drop it .

19. Bladesg

Bladesg Funk Meister Silver Member

I CBF reading the whole thread but ^this is spot on and I've said this a few times.

Thankfully I spend more time actually playing the guitar than I do pretending like I can.

20. Bladesg

Bladesg Funk Meister Silver Member

You're obviously new here :confused: