Why is driving so stressful nowadays?

Discussion in 'Sidewinders Bar & Grille' started by mikej89, Mar 24, 2019.

1. stratnutz

stratnutz Senior Stratmaster

I just do the speed limit, if they want to tailgate me, fine I don't care.
    Im not giving the cops another dime. Plus at stop signs and lights I do a full stop
    and look both ways before proceding just to get that idiots blood boiling.
    I have a never shoot the bird rule cause these people are wacko.
    Ignoring them is what really wacks em out.

s5tuart likes this.
  2. Sangetsu

Sangetsu Strat-Talker

When I started driving at 16, in sunny, Southern California, it was a pleasure. All I needed to have a good time was a little gas money. I would drive to the coast, the mountains, the deserts, I was only limited by how much gas I could afford to buy. My car was an old Dodge Challenger, a twin of the car from the movie "Vanishing Point." No air conditioning, and a Kraco stereo with a pair of used Pioneer speakers in the door. Fun times. I didn't notice or care about other drivers or cars (excepting police cars and Asian drivers), and had the time of my life.

Nowadays I have a new BMW 5 series, and drive almost daily in central Tokyo. Traffic is heavy, but even when it is not, I seldom go faster than 30 mph. As a Southern California kid who used to rag on Asian drivers for driving slowly and erratically, I now drive among millions of Asians in Asia where slow and erratic is the rule. Were I not shuttling my wife or daughter around, I would rather ride a bicycle, mainly because it takes less time to ride a bicycle across the city than it does to drive, and parking is free.