Why is Pink Floyd more popular and appealing than Rush?

StratoMutt

Dr. Stratster
Mar 15, 2019
SE Pennsylvania
Animation wise, I never liked Pink Panther. The non-verbal approach did not hold up beyond title credits. Tom and Jerry and Road Runner could get away with it. It's challenging.
Tom and Jerry were lame knock offs.

The Road Runner was beyond cool, as was the Pink Panther with its looping musical soundtrack. Dates back to the silent film era.

There were a few talking Wile E. Coyote, Super Genius shorts. Equally cool.

Oldiemurphy

Senior Stratmaster
Jan 23, 2022
Austin, TX
I only saw Pink Floyd once in concert. I was in 10th grade. They opened for Hot Tuna and Leon Russell, outdoors at UCSD. I dropped acid and fried. I also drank a lot of Key Largo jug wine and wound up puking my guts out. A couple older girls who knew my brother took pity on me and drove me home. They dropped me off and said "you take it easy now, Dave."

StratoMutt

Dr. Stratster
Mar 15, 2019
SE Pennsylvania
I only saw Pink Floyd once in concert. I was in 10th grade. They opened for Hot Tuna and Leon Russell, outdoors at UCSD. I dropped acid and fried. I also drank a lot of Key Largo jug wine and wound up puking my guts out. A couple older girls who knew my brother took pity on me and drove me home. They dropped me off and said "you take it easy now, Dave."
Dave's not here!

circles

Resident Pinball Enthusiast
May 26, 2013
West Seattle
Tom and Jerry were lame knock offs.

The Road Runner was beyond cool, as was the Pink Panther with its looping musical soundtrack. Dates back to the silent film era.

There were a few talking Wile E. Coyote, Super Genius shorts. Equally cool.
Road Runner cartoons were animation perfection. No, the talking Coyote ones were terrible. Arggg!

a59de892-76dd-4387-a996-722abe1767e3.png

Boubou

Senior Stratmaster
Gold Supporting Member
Jan 6, 2009
Montreal
Rush came on the radio the other day while I was driving, hit source, choose USB and played some RHCP.
I don’t hate Rush, but meh!

CB91710

No GAS shortage here
Platinum Supporting Member
Feb 24, 2019
SoCal
Rush came on the radio the other day while I was driving, hit source, choose USB and played some RHCP.
I don’t hate Rush, but meh!
Meh... I'll take even one of Rush's many bad songs over any RHCP, except maybe Under the Bridge.