Why is Pink Floyd more popular and appealing than Rush?

sam_in_cali

Scream for me Strat-Talk!
Silver Member
Feb 21, 2014
SoCal
this thread:
d393a370-a847-4539-a503-a65ef6d00efc_text.gif

CB91710

No GAS shortage here
Platinum Supporting Member
Feb 24, 2019
SoCal
Pink Floyd have The Dark Side of the Moon and Rush have Moving Pictures.
Ya, they both have bad, good, and iconic albums.

Honestly, I think Rush's best album is Time Machine, which of course is a "greatest hits" compilation.
One side of Hemispheres was awesome. The other, not so much.

YohanTheMan

Senior Stratmaster
Sep 3, 2020
Denmark
I assume anyone who likes Rush also likes cilantro.

Is cilantro the herb that ruins every dish it is used in?
I think so!
If you can't stand cilantro, you probably have a type of receptor genes that pick up on the aldehydes in cilantro. That's what makes it taste soapy. I have it, and the second as much as an atom of cilantro hits my tongue, I recoil in disgust. If I could snap my fingers like Thanos, and make all cilantro disappear from the face of the earth, I would🤌

92 Fiesta Red 62

Strat-O-Master
Apr 27, 2022
TEXAS
I was going to say something insightful like “the lyrical themes and progressive rock movements within a Rush song make for a harder listen than the overall more commercial hard rock of Pink Floyd,” followed up by a comment about how “listening to Geddy Lee sing is like riding a porcupine bareback,” but I decided not to waste my time.

Don’t feed the trolls.

Last edited:

lonegroover

Senior Stratmaster
Mar 5, 2016
England
Rush ---- The Canadian AC/DC They made all their albums sound exactly the same. Every female who heard Rush understood this and flocked away. Boys could not understand what was wrong with listening to the same song for 3 solid hours during all their concerts. Pink Floyd concert in contrast were a visual show.

Just nonsense; in fact I can't think of another rock band that's managed to make all their albums sound different. Some of them don't even sound like the same genre, let alone the same band.

Have a listen to Caress of Steel, then Power Windows, then come back and apologise.