With the passing of KEN WARMOTH, will their quality suffer?

Discussion in 'Non-Fender S-Type Guitar Forum' started by Rich b in tempe, May 18, 2020.

1. Rich b in tempe

Rich b in tempe Strat-Talker

Now that KEN WARMOTH (rip) is no longer at the helm of Warmoth Guitar Prod., who’s to have a guiding light to oversee Warmoth quality stays true?

2. Kestrel

Kestrel Strat-Talker Silver Member

This is the first that I have heard this sad news. In answer to your question, the team that Ken had put together at Warmouth is second to none, the training of staff was the best in the industry and because of this I can only imagine that the quality will continue and go forward as it always has. I have used Warmouth many times over the years and in my many transactions I only ever had one problem and the problem was sorted with the highest professional standards, the excellent customer support was best that I have ever come across, they're honesty in admitting that they had made a mistake and sorting it with the highest importance, I can not praise them more, easily the best company I have ever dealt with across the atlantic, Americans should be so proud of Warmouth, such a credit to your country. RIP Ken.

Last edited: May 18, 2020
    SAguitar, Nick-O and Lovnmesomestrat like this.
  3. Nick-O

Nick-O Senior Stratmaster

Yeah, have to agree the teamwork is strong. I think most of the employees like what they are doing, so provided it stays that way I would think they should make it once the dust settles.

4. tinkertoy

tinkertoy Strat-O-Master

Isnt his son or daughter running things now?

Or was that dimarzio... ..

5. CalicoSkies

CalicoSkies Most Honored Senior Member Gold Supporting Member

This is also the first I've heard this news. RIP Ken Warmoth. :(

I've only ever ordered a custom Strat body from Warmoth (in 2015), but it seems they've been around for a while, and I thought their web site, ordering process, service, and quality was great. I'd think/hope they have a good team in place to keep it going just as good for long time.

6. Lionpotato

Lionpotato Strat-Talker

Very sad. One of the best for quality period.

7. Seamus OReally

Seamus OReally Mr. Serious Gold Supporting Member

He's been gone since late last year. The company has the same employees, the same tooling, the same suppliers.

8. CapCrunch

CapCrunch Strat-Talker

I find these topics interesting. I wonder if he imbued his spirit, his standards into the company culture. That is something that not all founders are able to. To create an enterprise that will continue to have the same standards or great product after you are gone is THE product in itself. Not only did he create great parts, he created a company that can continue to create great parts!

diogoguitar likes this.
  9. Rich b in tempe

Rich b in tempe Strat-Talker

Yes, the passing of Ken Warmoth , I believe was 6 or so months ago. I had the privilege of being sales manager for him back in 90’. Ken was a fanitic about quality in every respect. His passing seemed to go in-noticed in the music community. A true genious!!

Vic Interceptor and CB91710 like this.
  10. stevierayfan91

stevierayfan91 DEEPLY SHY.

Hi , @Rich b in tempe

Very Sorry for passing of your friend Ken.

I am mulling over a Warmoth project later when have funds to.

11. CB91710

CB91710 No GAS shortage here Double Platinum Supporting Member

What happens to the company will depend on the attitude and work ethic of the son/daughter that takes over.
    All too often, children of successful businessmen are pretty much spoiled brats, and feel entitled to the company... they end up running it into the ground, padding a personal lifestyle.
    I've worked for two of those companies, and the same is happening with Carvin/Keisel.

Sometimes, the kid is smart, and has a good attitude toward work, the company, and the employees.
    These are the companies that continue to do well and the customers are unaware of the transition.

12. StratmanNick

StratmanNick Senior Stratmaster

News to me too...looks like a lot of us didn’t know this.

Hope their quality continues

13. Bowmap

Bowmap I nose a thang or two. Platinum Supporting Member

Mr. Ken Warmoth passed about a month before his 69th birthday. I am sure the company daily ops were being run by another and he made sure the quality will continue. Any business should have business continuance plans should a key person leave the company.

RIP Mr. Warmoth.

CB91710 likes this.