WORLD WAR III

Discussion in 'Sidewinders Bar & Grille' started by Tone Deaf, Jul 4, 2021.

1. Tone Deaf

Tone Deaf Stratosaurus Magnificus Platinum Supporting Member

Try to get some “Rescue Remedy” - it’s a flower based oil, Google it. Several Droppers in the dog’s water bowl. It helps calm them. Also ask your Veterinarian for a prescription for Tramidol. I gave each of my dogs 1/2 a 100mg. They are 75 and 95 lb dogs. Worked pretty good but did not knock them for a loop.

2. Seamus OReally

Seamus OReally Mr. Serious Gold Supporting Member

Setting off fireworks in a residential area is just inconsiderate. Nobody likes noise that they can’t control. Sadly, it only takes one jackwagon with $1,000 worth of Chinese crap to ruin the night for 50 homeowners.

The Chinese had crawled so far up then-Indiana governor Mitch Daniels’ behind that he pushed through a state law establishing a set of fourteen fireworks “holy days” that no municipality can challenge. So, if Indy wanted to outlaw personal fireworks in the city limits, they can’t… fireworks are legal for these 14 days, like it or not. A neat blockade in case the populace ever figured out that people who hate ‘em seem to outnumber those who love ‘em by a wide margin and got some kinda wacky ideas about a referendum.

You can probably tell I don’t like ‘em.

aiabx, Tone Deaf, StratoMutt and 2 others like this.
  3. StratoMutt

StratoMutt Most Honored Senior Member

The town show was 20 minutes. Half what it was 24 years ago.

The locals just west of me picked right up where they off. They put on a decent amateur aerial show really. 10 solid minutes, now they go into police hiding mode. It may start up again. Seems there might be a competition of sorts in their development.

Has to be pricey!

Edit... yeah they are back at it. I'd guess there are lookouts with cellphones that warn when the LEOs get close.

Some just opened up even closer... I can smell the powder.

4. trapdoor2

trapdoor2 Senior Stratmaster

Definitely like a war zone here right now (10pm). Continuous explosions, like machine gun fire...bomb blasts, whistles, etc.

I love it. If the grand-nieces were here, we would be putting $$$.$$ in the air.

Rocket does not like it...but he gets a lot more snuggle time and somehow I think he appreciates the tradeoff.

He doesn't understand what it is all about, but I do and it makes me smile.

fattboyzz likes this.
  5. ThreeChordWonder

ThreeChordWonder Senior Stratmaster

Our HOA, representing something like 3000 houses, yes, really, 3000 houses, used to have a community display on the 4th of July and New Years.

Haven't had one since 2019 turned into 2020.

6. Clickitysplit

Clickitysplit Strat-O-Master

If I thought it wouldn’t bother your four legged friends I’d suggest ganging all your amps together and blasting the most obnoxious, yet tasteful punk you can muster across the fairway for the duration of the “show”.

Wayne Adams and Wound_Up like this.
  7. Nadnitram

Nadnitram Most Honored Senior Member

The city display is .75 miles away. I combatted that by blasting some Supertramp and playing along with my 12-string -- for the dog's sake, of course.

8. StratoMutt

StratoMutt Most Honored Senior Member

Last edited: Jul 4, 2021
    Tone Deaf likes this.
  9. fezz parka

fezz parka fezz parka

Yes. It's asinine. Mur'kuh.

Freedom has nothing to do with disturbing my peace. Your rights end where my quiet enjoyment of my home begins.

Drug my animals so you can pretend you're a pyrotechnics expert? Get real.

10. fos1

fos1 Senior Stratmaster Silver Member

Ditto Rant!

I live in a nice Texas suburb. It is now 2230 CDT. There is no let up in sight. They started at 1700.

With all of the explosives around here, you would think the BATF would be involved. (bite my lips)

My dog Dolcie is terrified. She is currently lying on the bed snuggling with my XYL. She (Dolcie) is on tranquilizers to no avail.

Tone Deaf and fezz parka like this.
  11. fezz parka

fezz parka fezz parka

My little town had a wonderful show for the kiddos of all ages Friday. Started at 9:00 ended at 10:00.

These bought in a parking heros are a bunch of goobers.

12. Sixstringer107

Sixstringer107 Senior Stratmaster

The Endless Mountains Of Northeastern Pa.
    Neighbors just started blowing some stuff off about 11:30 tonight, surprisingly my cat didn't run to the basement like she usually does when she hears noise. Luckily, I didn't have to work this weekend. I'm a light sleeper.

There is a fireworks factory about 8 miles from me, he usually does a show once in a while just for the heck of it, I can hear them echoing off of the mountains. His whole show is like a finale. Doesn't really bother me much, they're usually done by 10.

13. rolandson

rolandson Dr. Stratster

Some years ago a fellow down the street was into setting off the big commercial grade mortars. He didn't know squat about aiming and elevation and stuff, he just shot them up the hill. Toward my house. They were exploding maybe 100 feet overhead, and raining embers and sparks onto my roof.

So I, and several of my neighbors, video taped and photographed a fair portion of it.

You see, fireworks that explode, or travel more than something like 18" off the ground and/or 6 feet along the ground are illegal for the public in Oregon.

I sent a still shot of him out in the street preparing to fire a mortar to his house and asked him to call me.

When he called I told him that if that ever happens again I'll send the video to his boss...and our local tv stations. Apparently these were, as the neighborhood suspected, confiscated fireworks. Figuring prominently in the photo was his red company SUV. And him, in his uniform.

He was a lieutenant in the Portland fire department. We didn’t have anymore issues with Fireman Bill. He and the Mrs. divorced a couple years ago, shortly following his being arrested for beating her up.

They're gone now. No idea where they went. Though I know they didn't go there together.

fezz parka likes this.
  14. Antstrat

Antstrat Dr. Stratster

Just had a really big one go off, rattled the bay window facing the street. There has literally been NO lull for the past 3 hours and it’s not even 10.

I used to have to get Trazadone from the vet for George and start dosing him before sundown.

Tone Deaf likes this.
  15. Tone Deaf

Tone Deaf Stratosaurus Magnificus Platinum Supporting Member

85EE8156-1362-4972-BA9B-1D3CC8C3194D.jpeg

Tried to take a video on this new iPhone
    but didn’t know how. Had the phone for about 10 days. And yes, I’m stripping paint on the upstairs trim.

16. nutball73

nutball73 Senior Stratmaster

17. Wrighty

Wrighty Dr. Stratster

I've no real problem with it two nights a year safely done. It's those that stretch the celebrations to two weeks either side of the official dates and let them off randomly about the place that I object to. Damage, injuries, petrified animals and, not knowing when to prepare for it to happen.

Wayne Adams, Boubou and smithstrato like this.
  18. smithstrato

smithstrato Senior Stratmaster

The freedom to celebrate is the best excuse to annoy your neighbors.

19. omahaaudio

omahaaudio Senior Stratmaster

Sue.

20. Slacker G

Slacker G Strat-O-Master

All last week they were going off every day. They were so loud on the 4th that this morning I went outside to check for craters.