WORLD WAR III

Discussion in 'Sidewinders Bar & Grille' started by Tone Deaf, Jul 4, 2021.

1. muttonbuster

muttonbuster Strat-O-Master

Democratic People's Republic of California.
    I was at my uncle's in Eastern Idaho somewhere on the Snake for the fourth. Whenever the neighbors would light something off, the labradors would jump on the sofa and look out the window, then run to the door and sit down looking back all excited. I couldn't help myself, "Bet you guys are used to this. Plenty of booms and no ducks to retrieve." He joked back, "You know how mouthy nephews celebrate the fifth of July? They don't get any beer and they make reloads all day."

JB74 likes this.
  2. Wayne Adams

Wayne Adams Strat-O-Master

"Do unto others as they would do unto you. But do it first."
    Also read as: "Shoot back - first."

3. heltershelton

heltershelton Vivamus libero Vivamus duris

4. GaryM

GaryM Strat-O-Master

Been a firearms hobbyist for decades. I've shot Glocks but never liked them. Especially after learning what "Glock leg" means. So, I stick to pistols with exposed hammers. In 45, I have a 1911. In 9mm, I have a Ruger P95DC and a companion Ruger PC Carbine.

5. heltershelton

a glock will not go off on its own.
    people shoot themselves in the leg because they dont practice proper trigger discipline. many times they leave their fingers on the triggers while holstering, and that is no bueno.
    i performed an experiment with my three pistols...a 1911, an m&p 2.0c, and a g19.
    i placed loaded mags in all, racked the slides to chamber a round, then laid the firearms on the table.
    i then sat down and watched them for about three days straight....i had to drink alot of coffee.
    anyway, none of the firearms went off on their own.
    of course, im being somewhat of a smartass..... even though i know they will not discharge without my interaction, i still share your concern that they "might". because of this i don't like to carry appendix iwb.... and even in a drop leg or other holster, the thought of the damn thing going off is always there.

dbolt, fezz parka and GaryM like this.
  6. nifnof70

nifnof70 Strat-O-Master

PSA--This is related to both Stats and Firework safety:

This is from a "few" years back.

Each year, a few neighbors would get together for the 4th and do fireworks...and each year it would get a little bigger, and bigger and BIGGER etc. I was the designated Guitarist--Ye' first Strat playing through Pro Jr and Line 6 amps with a DOD TR3R for effects.

It's hard to tell from the video, but we basically lived in a big "loop" around the neighborhood that had an open area of trees, shrubs and tall grass; what we didn't know is that there was a lot underbrush that had accumulated. Well, we learned this about 10-15 mins after this video was taken--A fire started in the middle of the clearing, that couldn't be extinguished by the "bucket brigade"! It got a little dicey when the fire department showed up but luckily it was contained without harm to anyone or property.

Needless to say that was the last time for our group of neighbors to have a fireworks show in our development!

7. heltershelton

deja vu

8. Sixstringer107

Sixstringer107 Senior Stratmaster

The Endless Mountains Of Northeastern Pa.
    Some guys celebrate so much, that they blow limbs off, and take out their kid's eye with a bottle rocket. For 'Murica.

fezz parka likes this.
  9. GaryM

GaryM Strat-O-Master

Ergo the saying, "Keep your booger hook off the bang switch." Ha ha! :D Every time I see a movie with some Hollywood hero walking around with their finger on the trigger, I cringe. Often I yell out loud, "Get your finger off the trigger!" Guns don't fire themselves.

heltershelton likes this.
  10. smithstrato

smithstrato Senior Stratmaster

Must have hit a nerve.
    Carry on.

11. SILENCER

SILENCER Strat-O-Master

You'd be a great officer in the fun police

12. yoreel

yoreel Strat-Talk Member

Time fireworks were banned in my opinion, humans have a lot to learn, in the very next breath some of those at the exclusive clubs will be harping on about climate change & saving the planet - hypocrites & all for a loud brash human celebration that means nothing !

13. BigDan

BigDan Strat-Talker

Oh there's no doubt it's political. Everywhere.

cglasford likes this.
  14. cglasford

cglasford Strat-Talk Member

I guess you should move to the country if you don't want to hear your neighbor. In my community you really do not have much right to complain between 730am and 10pm (maybe 930pm) the police will not do anything. So if my neighbor asked me to turn down my guitar amp, I would be i'm not going to not play in my garage because i'm not going to pay for rehearsal space rental when I have a nice finished garage space. Luckily you aren't my neighbor and my neighbors are cool. As for fireworks if you want to shoot them off on July 4th, fine. My dog hates it but if its 1 night a year, whatever. What I don't like is the week long barrage of fireworks.

15. Cyberi4n

Cyberi4n Strat-O-Master

I mean it’s just common sense isn’t it. If you really want to live somewhere you won’t be disturbed by the noise of other humans, then regardless of what you ‘claim’ your human rights to be, it’s probably best you DON’T live within earshot of another human being….

16. Seamus OReally

Seamus OReally Mr. Serious Gold Supporting Member

People in my neighborhood respect each other and the law. It’s perfectly quiet. It’s not necessary to avoid all humans to achieve a quiet life… you just need to avoid the a**holes.

17. mazzolar59

mazzolar59 Strat-Talker Silver Member

What’s this got to do with Stratocasters?

18. heltershelton

this is sidewinders, and is for any topic we choose, as long as no rules are broken.
    if you want to read about strats only, go to the stratocaster forum.

mazzolar59, s5tuart, dbolt and 5 others like this.
  19. fender blender

fender blender Strat-Talk Member

A neighbor told me that in the 50s..they used sticks of dynamite for the 4th..blowing up rocks and stuff in Idaho..

Tone Deaf likes this.
  20. Cyberi4n

Cyberi4n Strat-O-Master

easier said than done, but I getcha. I’m relatively lucky where I live - expensive houses (for the area) and so most of the people who live here are families, and middle-aged and retirees. Down the bottom of the hill where I used to live there was a whole nother demographic, and all the trouble that came with it