would you go into space?

would you go into space right now?

• yes

Votes: 36 52.9%
  • no

Votes: 29 42.6%
  • hmmm... would have to think about that for a long time/not sure/can't reveal/maybe/etc

Votes: 4 5.9%

• Total voters

muttonbuster

Senior Stratmaster
Nov 14, 2020
República de Cantaloupia
Absolutely, but only on Musk's Crew Dragon. Branson and Bezos seem a little too loopy about it. I can see them easily having a major incident. The Russias as well. If you read through the Soyuz missions, there have been a ton of close calls undocking, and five or so 7g ballistic reentries. Sorry but I have no interest in getting crushed to menehune size, then having to audition for a Wizard of Oz Remake.

Mouse

The Knees of Rock
Apr 25, 2012
New Jersey
It depends what you mean by “space”. If just breaking into weightless territory then nah…not worth it but I’d be all over going into space shuttle territory and orbiting earth.

I doubt I could handle a much longer trip to Mars. That’ll have to be for the grandkids. ;)

Jimbo99

Senior Stratmaster
Jun 5, 2021
Palm Coast, FL
Is this like a ride along with the police, only with astronauts ? I'm down for it, just as long as we get back before I have to use the restroom or have to eat a meal. The challenges of both of those wouldn't be worth the experience. But the rush from leaving the planet & returning has gotta be better than the rides at Disney or a commercial flight.

Pandamasque

Senior Stratmaster
Sep 22, 2020
Kyiv, Ukraine
I would, if it didn't require a whole lengthy training programme.

Although, technically I am in space right now. I'm travelling through it at nearly 800,000 km/h.