Writing on my 63 strat screening plate

Discussion in 'Pre-CBS Strats (before 1966)' started by Lankytwang, Mar 29, 2020.

1. Lankytwang

Lankytwang Strat-Talker

IMG_20200329_1557584_rewind.jpg Just taken the assembly off my strat and noticed writing on the screen plate...Hope the pic comes out OK....There is more than this but it is very faded and illegible.This may not be original because I had an extra 3 way switch wired into the circuit about 35/40 yrs ago and this could be from then.Whats the general opinion I appreciate the writing is difficult to see but this is the best picture I could get
    There is writing on the pickups which I can't decipher...would a uv light help?

2. guitarchaeologist

guitarchaeologist Papa Americano Silver Member

Clearly this was Einstein's Strat at some point. That's his work proving the theory of relativity. :)

bluejazzoid, Bazz Jass and Lankytwang like this.
  3. Lankytwang

Lankytwang Strat-Talker

An interesting.and amusing suggestion:):D,,as far as I can make out the writing says..1/2v=MC2 or 1/2 =MC2 over 1.... eg a fraction...I appreciate the pic is not very clear .The ref to 1/2v led me to think that it might be related to a wiring situation and not Einstein:D.Anyway ive ordered a UV torch so hopefully will be able to resolve this if I can decipher the rest of the script.Stay safe and well.

guitarchaeologist likes this.
  4. wrvond

wrvond Senior Stratmaster

Sounds like a formula to determine output of the pickups, perhaps. Just a WAG.

Robins likes this.