Wtf

Old Guy

Strat-Talker
Aug 8, 2018
Calif.
I looked at my repertoire and realized that at least 90% of the writers and artists of these songs are dead. I like to honor these people's contributions to art with a heartfelt remembrance.

nickmsmith

Dr. Stratster
Jul 28, 2011
USA
Reminds me of my grandma and her newspaper...she would immediately skip to the obituary to see if she knew anyone. Kinda morbid..
In my early 20s I worked at a retirement community. They’d wake up before sun-up and go read the obits. Seemed like some sort of fun leisure activity to them.

Lots of things they did and said were eye-opening to a 21 year old. In a good way, mostly. Good people. Most are gone now, it’s been about 15 years.

It was one lady’s 84th birthday. I told her “Happy Birthday” of course. She responded something like “84 is enough.. I’m ready to go.” That was shocking to a kid who thought they wanted to live forever.

Guitarchaeologist

Master Spuddler
Silver Member
Dec 17, 2016
Behind the 8 ball
I think that @tanta07 & a number of people from the thread linked below may want the thread title fully spelled out

😁😁😁😁😁😁

Last edited:

Leofender

Plink... Need a restring!!
Silver Member
Aug 28, 2021
Australia
I have what might be a different take on death. If someone lives a full long life and has enriched your life to some degree, famous or not their death (as ours) was inevitable. It then should be celebrated and shared with others who were similarly touched by their existence.
Rumours about MY DEATH were not exaggerated...! 😱😱😱

Guy Named Sue

Censored
Feb 11, 2015
Terra Incognita
When I went to vote last November they denied me as deceased.
Im like , but here I am. No your deceased sir.
Shieeet you're a ghost and you didn't even know it.
tenor.gif