You know you're GASsing too much when ...

Discussion in 'Sidewinders Bar & Grille' started by xen_, May 13, 2009.

1. xen_

xen_ Strat-Talker

The pedals you are gassing over on PGS infect your kid's drawings. :eek:

[​IMG]

Yes I ordered both of them, and they just arrived today. So you will forgive me if I don't spend a lot of time on here tonight. ;)

Last edited: May 14, 2009
  2. ArlenBucy

ArlenBucy Senior Stratmaster

That is pretty funny man.

3. Scott L

Scott L Strat-O-Master

True artistic talent!

So are you his Superhero in the drawing? ;)

4. thaus

thaus Most Honored Senior Member

That is a true sign of a problem!!!

5. ActionFletch

ActionFletch Strat-O-Master

Terrific drawing - would make some nice artwork on the inside of a CD cover. Sign the kid up for 30% of the royalties now!!! :)

6. bowhunter

bowhunter Strat-O-Master

Thats good,,,,,,lol

7. therevyevot

therevyevot Strat-Talker

Oof--but is the vampire supposed to represent you, or your guitar (the thing that sucks you away from playing with the kid)?

8. xen_

xen_ Strat-Talker

Cutting a bit close to the bone there mate. I was playing handball with him the other day and told him he seemed a bit out of practice and got exactly that accusation! :oops:

Well it looks a lot like me, but for the hair sadly. So following therevyevot's exegesis I'll suggest that the vampire represents the GAS that Papa has been bitten by.

I didn't notice till I posted, that the new compressor from Pigtronix Philosopher's Stone (I'm liking this pedal a lot) is surrounded by ticks whereas the MXR Carbon Copy by crosses. I confirmed today that this reflected his opinions about which I should get. He likes the Philosopher's Tone, for obvious reasons, but thought I should have bought the "Carbon Original" instead. :D

I guess I'll have to lay my hands on a sheet of carbon paper to explain ...

I'm a bit afraid someone from the child welfare dept. will see it! ;)

Tell you what, the moment I catch him drawing this ...

[​IMG]

... I'll get professional help. For me or him I'm not too sure.

Last edited: May 14, 2009
  9. Bangbang

Bangbang Senior Stratmaster

Thats real funny.

10. therevyevot

therevyevot Strat-Talker

I only say it 'cause I've been there myself, man. With my little ankle biter, it's the bicycle; I've been on him about taking off the training wheels and his response is that if I spent more time with him & the bike and less with the guitar... Cheeky little monkey for a 5 y.o.
    And apropo the child welfare people, just tell them you want to get him rooted in the fundamentals of music early; his hands are still to small for a guitar of his own...

11. hendrixfan

hendrixfan Senior Stratmaster

great stuff xen,cool drawing lol

12. avagadro

avagadro Strat-Talk Member

Hey Therevyevot. a kid doesn't have to have big hands to SLIDE. the guy that taught me how to play started out as a kid playing lap steel. sliding really developes the all important EARS. just a thought to share. adios

13. xen_

xen_ Strat-Talker

To develop his ears we do ear training. I play intervals on the piano and he has to get 5 in a row (from a selection of octave, 5th, 4th and maj & min 3rd .. we've stared on 2nds and 6ths but they are bit challenging yet), before he can get his jelly bean. His little brother only has to get 3 in a row (from 8ve, 5th and 4th).

He's also learning classical violin which really demands that you nail intonation (or have your father throw things at you from across the room :D ). I don't want to teach him guitar because I'm afraid playing an intstrument tuned by 4ths will undermine his instincts on one tuned 5ths apart. And little bro isn't really cooperating in my (aborted for a time) attempts to teach him guitar. :mad:

But yeah Therevyevot, you're right, this is part of his music education. I got him to help me replacing the electronics on the Squier and I'm explaining what the pedals do and stuff.