Your colour opinions please - poll

Which of these would you pick?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Wrighty

Dr. Stratster
Mar 7, 2013
Harlow, Essex, UK
I am thinking about getting an American Professional ii. Will most likely be my last guitar due to age and finances. Last blast so to speak.

Which of these would you purchase? Also, any thoughts of which might be more desirable in the future if I am forced to sell due to incapacity at some point?

Guitar One
View attachment 546742
Guitar two
View attachment 546743
Thanks for your input.

Dave
Not read the replies but likely they’ll be 50/50 for each. Doesn’t matter, what do you like? It’ll make diddly squat difference to the resale value. For what it’s worth, I’ve never owned a white guitar so, buying new, I’d go with whatever white the AmPro comes in.

DKB65

New Member!
May 15, 2021
New Zealand
I am thinking about getting an American Professional ii. Will most likely be my last guitar due to age and finances. Last blast so to speak.

Which of these would you purchase? Also, any thoughts of which might be more desirable in the future if I am forced to sell due to incapacity at some point?

Guitar One
View attachment 546742
Guitar two
View attachment 546743
Thanks for your input.

Dave
I think you just buy the one you prefer. Im in my late 60s and buy quite a few used Strats and Teles on Marketplace and Trademe auctions online. I recently bought an American Pro I that was only 6 months old and got a wonderful deal ... about 30% discount so that way if I need to sell I should easily get my money back.....

rob090

New Member!
Feb 13, 2022
Tampa, Florida
Both beautiful guitars. I chose the Dark Night and very happy with it. I don't know which will be more desirable down the road but as a used car salesman once said: "There's an ass for every seat"

sadmansnake

New Member!
Aug 4, 2020
MX
Kind of "meh" on either one, tbh, but if forced to choose, I'd go sienna burst. The sienna should "age" better in the sense of looking cool with relics and general wear & tear, imo. Depends on genres you play, too. Sienna for more trad, dark night for more modern. IMHO! :- )
+1
Totally agree

mschafft

Strat-Talker
May 24, 2009
Switzerland
In terms of resale value and ease of use, I believe a rosewood fingerboard would be better.
The safest option IMO is the classic:
image.jpg

somebodyelseuk

Strat-O-Master
Jan 29, 2022
Birmingham UK
Everything else being equal, the sunburst one.

Colours go in and out of fashion, meaning what you love today, you might hate in five years, also possibly, making it harder to move on. Sunburst never goes out of fashion.