Oh my my , where’s Joe Walsh !!Patrick Simmons
I left a couple slots open to be filled on a rotating basis by EVH, Hendrix, BB King, Albert King, Sr. Rosetta Tharpe, SRV, Tommy Emmanuel, Joe Walsh, Don Felder, and others as I think of them
Funny list. Made to kill time, I guess. "Favorite" for me falls into two categories: (1) Those who've had the greatest influence on my own playing and (2) Those I like to listen to.
For example, Jeff Beck is in category 2. Not only will I never be able to play like him, but when I hear him play, I'm almost tempted to give up guitar!
On the other hand, those in category 1 span years of listening, learning and playing. As my tastes have changed, so have the players I listen to. This probably won't be ten, but here are the guitarists who have influenced my playing. In no particular order.
- John, George and Paul (I don't think Ringo played guitar)
- Jerry Garcia (I got my "ring" tone from him)
- Alvin Lee
- Eric Clapton
- Robin Trower
- David Crosby
- Dewey Bunnell, Dan Peek and Gerry Beckley ("America")
- Brian McLean and Arthur Lee ("Love")
- John Sebastian/Zal Yanovsky ("The Lovin' Spoonful")
- John Cippolina