Your Favorite Living Guitar Player, Who's Still Relevant Today?

Lonn

Mod Admin
Staff member
Jul 6, 2014
Carmel IN
Relevant to whom is the bigger question? The last "actually well known to others than guitar players" player I can think of is Matt Bellamy. My oldest daughter (just turned 33) was into him in a big way about 10 years ago and she even knew what type of guitar he played.

amstratnut

Peace thru Music.
Dec 1, 2009
My house.
That's exactly what I was being. I know EJ wasn't playing random notes. I was being argumentative. Trying to make a point.

And Tosin doesn't play what he means to play? You think he just randomly jams his fingers all over the place? Lol

I'm not even a fan of Tosin but you're not even making a logical argument, IMO.

Huh, again. You made a statement about EJ. I disagreed and stated that. I did not address Abasi at all because I am unfamiliar.

Anyway, you have a nice day.

crankmeister

Most Honored Senior Member
Jul 9, 2020
Republic of Gilead
Corgan, Corey Wong, Buckethead
Dang! Corey Wong . . . sneaky good answer!

Yvette Young is clearly killing it these days and is a brilliant, unique player.

Another favorite for me is Michael Lemmo. He's probably best known for his demos on Norm's Rare Guitars YT channel, but I think he possesses a unique blend of skill and musicality when it comes to putting clever rhythms and textures together.

PonyB

Senior Stratmaster
Nov 3, 2020
above ground
Dang! Corey Wong . . . sneaky good answer!

Yvette Young is clearly killing it these days and is a brilliant, unique player.

Another favorite for me is Michael Lemmo. He's probably best known for his demos on Norm's Rare Guitars YT channel, but I think he possesses a unique blend of skill and musicality when it comes to putting clever rhythms and textures together.
Generally I dislike the word genius, but Corey Wong applies IMO.

axejock

Senior Stratmaster
Gold Supporting Member
Jul 26, 2018
Washington State
I agree with most of the choices selected here, but I have to admit that there are quite a few of them that I have never heard of. I got most of my influence in country and early rock, so I would add a few names.

Jimmy Capps (Grand Ole" Opry house band)
Glen Campbell
Roy Clark
Chet Atkins
Brad Paisley
Keith Urban
Travis Tritt
Vince Gill
John Fogerty
Joe Walsh/Don Felder
Richie Sambora
Oh so many! I can't remember them all

Like most folks (I suspect) I followed the guys who played the type of music of music that I really like, which really is not the complete measure of their overall skill.