Your most valued pedal?

Discussion in 'The Effect effect' started by OttoG, Feb 16, 2021.

1. Scott Baxendale

Scott Baxendale Senior Stratmaster Gold Supporting Member

This is the best analog Leslie simulator ever made! With two amps it’s amazing. 2EEDA542-BCCD-4A00-8E8E-FDBED9E69F30.jpeg

Stratbats and Nate D like this.
  2. daytonian

daytonian Strat-Talker

Mad Professor Silver Spring Reverb. When it has to sound good, this pedal is on.

3. RPKennedy

RPKennedy Senior Stratmaster Platinum Supporting Member

Currently, the Joyo American Sound amp emulation pedal. < $40 new.
    It's the heart of my rig at the moment.

Screen Shot 2021-02-19 at 12.29.43 PM.png

Rbhale32 likes this.
  4. beeflin

beeflin Strat-Talk Member

For me it's a toss-up between the NKT275 Beano Boost, my only pedal handmade at a well-known workshop, and my Mostortion, my only vintage pedal. They've both at one time or another been the only pedal I've needed. Right behind them would be my modified BC Bender and my Green Ringer, both made from kits.

5. bassworx

bassworx Strat-Talk Member

I've had it for years, have a slew of other pedals, including a new NUX multi, but I keep coming back to my old Digi-Tech RP-55 multi-effect unit. The built-in effects, to my ear, are some of the best, and equal to Boss, Nux, and some others (comparing only pedals under $250). With a built in tuner, basic drums, and good amp/cab choices, all easy to use, for the price it's still hard to beat despite the age of the design. It does not have an expression/wah pedal built-in, but my Berhinger Hell-Babe takes care of that. If it broke, I'd buy another.

6. pmoore

pmoore Strat-Talker

Well for Fuzz it's my Spaceman Sputnik 3.
    For Boost it's my Analogman Beano Boost.
    For Mod/Delay it's my El Capistan.
    I have sooooooooo many pedals but these are a few I could not get along without

7. SalvorHardin

SalvorHardin Strat-O-Master

Sigh: Oh, can't you guys use your words, Mini Me?

8. pmoore

pmoore Strat-Talker

I've been wanting to try the Milkman delay by JHS.

Chmason85 likes this.
  9. pmoore

pmoore Strat-Talker

Last summer I bought a pre-order for a KTR, was supposed to be delivered this summer. Nothing like spending $279 for a pedal that I won't even try for a year. Now with covid-19, they are saying that it may be more like Sept before I see it.
    On the good side, it's like a savings bond. They are selling on Reverb for over $500 used

10. Chmason85

Chmason85 Strat-Talker

It’s a great pedal, the only thing I noticed is it doesn’t mix with reverb at all. The short slapback gets lost, so much that you can’t hear any echo at all. Reverb will just swallow it; I thought my pedal was defective until I turned my reverb almost all the way off and then the echo came out. Having said that, it does what it does very well and the EQ knob for the echoes is very nice! I keep mine fully dark so the echoes don’t clutter the sound. The boost is great, no clipping, just more of what you already have. If the amp is dimed then it will push it to distortion.

11. Anacharsis

Anacharsis Guitar Player Platinum Supporting Member

Amptweaker Tight Fuzz Pro serial #2. James hadn't even announced the model to the public yet when I got it. Months earlier, my wife (back when she was my girlfriend) reached out to him to arrange a special birthday gift for me, thinking he might sign a standard pedal or something. He recognized my name from a feedback email I gave him, about wanting a fuzz with the 3 band EQ, boost, etc of his Pro line models. So James finished up development of the pedal, built #2, and shipped it to my wife. I opened the box and said "this doesn't exist."

12. Scott Baxendale

Scott Baxendale Senior Stratmaster Gold Supporting Member

? I’m not even sure what you mean with this post?

Last edited: Feb 19, 2021
    Stevn likes this.
  13. beep.click

beep.click Strat-Talk Member

MXR Distortion II. Unique, and they inexplicably never reissue it.

If my CE-1 Chorus was working 100%, it would be a tie.

Rbhale32 likes this.
  14. Esg877

Esg877 Strat-Talker

I'm done with pedals, but let's try:

You can't beat the NUX OD-3 Overdrive. It's EXACTLY the same as an original TS9 for a fraction of the price. Really, you can't tell them apart. Don't take my word for it:

The Ammoon Looper is just fantastic, 10 minutes recording, unlimited overdubs, pristine sound, rugged construction, even has a USB connector to plug into the PC and download your tracks. Both together cost less than $100.

It's the only ones I use, if ever. I'm tired of all the cables, power sources, plugs and connectors. The floor in front of me is a mess, and it bothers the hell out of me now that I'm older and don't gig.

Daily, I mostly use a multi-effects unit or Bias FX in my PC w/ a Focusrite interface. Nux MG-300 or Zoom G1xon. I always laugh when people roll their eyes at this rig, and then I plug it and they go: wow, this thing rocks. The secret is to save the money for the amp/cab, because you can plug any [email protected] into a great amp/cab and sound amazing. Or great studio monitors for that matter.

Sorry to be blunt, but pedals are mostly a waste of money at this point in history, if not for its sentimental value. IMHO.

15. GlockandRoll

GlockandRoll Strat-Talk Member

16. Guitar boy

Guitar boy Strat-Talker

My most prized pedal is the Bud box MXR Distortion plus that I got for Christmas brand new back in 1975 when I was 11. It still works!
    My most expensive pedal would have to be my 2 Klons. I bought both used. Both are in mint condition. One cost me $100 And the other was $200 bucks. I took the batteries out of them and occasionally I'll use one on a gig. I bought them both back in 1994 from two different people. I made out like a bandit.
    I also have a CAPTAIN COCONUT 2 and a Analogman K.O.T. serial number 22.

17. Tube ToneChaser

Tube ToneChaser Strat-O-Master

18. Tube ToneChaser

Tube ToneChaser Strat-O-Master

My Boss ME-5. Old? Yes. Still Great? YES!

Seamus OReally likes this.
  19. Nate D

Nate D Most Honored Senior Member

I dig my KTR, Bad Bob and a couple of Keeley pedals.

But it’s probably either my KTR or Bad Bob.

Stratoskater likes this.
  20. Dudeman7

Dudeman7 Strat-Talker

I think he means that he wishes people would type out what they're talking about rather than post a link or a picture. Some people can't view images from websites when they are at work, for example.

Others may live in more rural areas with less than ideal internet connections. Pictures and videos are really slow to load.

Not being able to see the posted images and without any description, one might be left out of the conversation.

This is only speculation on my part but that was explained to me by someone else on another forum.

SalvorHardin and Scott Baxendale like this.